The alternative presented by council as Wynyard Basin has been animated by Virtual Eye for Emirates Team New Zealand and shows how the new concept will deliver a first class event space with minimal harbour extension.
- A centralised village spanning 700 metres across Auckland Viaduct basin and Wynyard Wharf.
- Clustered team bases with public access to view the daily operations or launching and retrieving the spectacular AC75 race yachts.
- A legacy Emirates Team New Zealand base and public interactive innovation space.
- A centralised media and broadcast centre in the Viaduct Event Centre, where media and imagery will be distributed around the world showcasing Auckland and New Zealand at its best.
- Sprawling public space with big screen race viewing and interactive attractions to bring the race action to life.
- Bars, Restaurants and cafes spread across the event village.
- A world class super yacht berthing facility in Wynyard Wharf and on Site 18 maximising economic return for the economy and marine industry.
- A established family and kids play ground in the Silo park.
- A concert and performance stage and grandstand in the heart of the Wynyard Quarter to showcase New Zealand’s musical and cultural performers.
- A legacy plan including non permanent team bases that make way for waterfront public space opening up the harbour for all Auckland's to use.